- Draeger Safety Inc
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
- Bachelors Degree
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- Job Start/End Date
- not provided
- Number of Positions
- not provided
- Salary Range
- not provided
- Required Degree/Formal Training
- BSBA Sales or Mktg 5+ yrs related exp
- Required Licenses/Certificates
- Valid Driver's License
- Company Homepage
The essential functions of the Government Sales Director consist of, but are not limited to the following:
• Strategic sales planning for government sales division. Develops sales plan including targeted accounts, targeted distributors, and regional and market segment sales tactics to increase government sales.
• Provides leadership to the government division staff in order to exceed targeted annual division sales quota. Establishes teamwork and communication systems to assist division staff members in working effectively toward goals.
• Manages division Regional Sales Manager’s performance to ensure the sales budget and goals are met and regional sales plans are developed and implemented.
• Trains Regional Sales Managers on products, sales and management techniques for effective territory management.
• Keep awareness of the competition, their strengths, weaknesses, sales and marketing methods and philosophies.
• Oversees selection and supervision of distributors and agents or independent representatives throughout the division and manages a designated sales region within the government sales division.
• Assures the confidentiality of the customer list and other sensitive company information is maintained.
• Monitors and generates sales of Draeger products through authorized distributors to ensure sales goals and market share are acceptable for the assigned territory.
• Trains, manages and motivates distributor personnel in the use of Draeger products.
• Maintains sales continuity with customers, including end users, with leads being coordinated with respective distributor.
• Forecasts rolling 120-day product needs for the division.
• Makes distributor and end user sales calls with and without the Regional Sales Managers as is necessary to provide total coverage for DSI.
• Effectively utilize all tools provided such as, but not limited to sales automation software, e-mail, and word processing.
• Ensures expenses are controlled and justified within budgetary guidelines.
• Submits monthly pending order report each month to the National Sales Manager as well as a 90-day action plan, which is due the first week of each new calendar quarter.
• Maintains a current target project list for all territories within the government sales division.
Proficient with computer software.
An Affirmative Action Employer
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance
Tuition Reimbursement, PC Loan Program