Tremco - Beachwood, OHThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Tremco Tremco
- Beachwood, OH
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
The Sourcing Specialist is accountable to negotiate various commercial aspects of material supply agreements for the Commercial Sealants and Waterproofing Division. In conjunction with the other members of the Divisional Purchasing Team and/or Purchasing Manager, ensures the consistent, reliable sourcing and availability of defined commodities (Raw Materials / PFRs / Packaging) in keeping with Commercial Sealants and Waterproofing production plans.
Duties/Responsibilities, Core knowledge:- Researches commodities markets, sources and cultivates a list of vendors, negotiates and administers Supply Agreements, and maintains effective business relationships with key suppliers.
- Acts as first point of contact and problem resolution for supplier issues and concerns regarding service level agreements.
- Communicates Tremco procurement policies and performance metrics (quality standards, on time delivery, NAFTA certification, import documentation, supplier audits, etc.), and takes action to negotiate claims and secure concessions in the event of non-compliance.
- Ensures that necessary documentation (purchase orders, invoices) are appropriately verified and authorized, and follows up to resolve discrepancies.
- Maintains financial records (current costs, price standards) and forecasts commodities trends in support of near and long-term production plans and budgeting requirements.
- Provides accurate, up to date information to the Divisional Purchasing Team and /or Purchasing Manager with respect to defined commodities (Raw Materials / PFRs / Packaging) quantity, quality and availability, in support of the production planning and sales planning processes. - Is aware of, and ensures that own and other's actions are in keeping with Tremco's OHS&E procedures and protocols.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:- College diploma or university degree coupled with relevant designation (CPM, APICS) plus 3 to 5 years procurement experience, preferable in a materials processing environment.
- Understanding of commodities markets and raw materials specifications (quality, consistency).
- Understanding of costing models in a production environment.
- Functional abilities in SAP, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to develop and maintain vendor partnerships.