Fabrication Inside Sales Associate
Ryerson Inc. - Little Rock, AR
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Ryerson Inc., one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is currently seeking a Fabrication Inside Sales Associate to join our sales team in Little Rock. AR. This is a transactional and relational position that works with internal and external customers in the sales function.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Daily interaction with large customer base on contractual and transactional business
- Responding to customers quotations, needs, inquires, and complaints
- Estimating and packaging quote proposals to customers from drawings in DWG, DXF, TIFF and/or PDF formats.
- Evaluate Customer provided drawings, specifications, and/or develop sketches from verbal communications with Customers.
- Administrative processing of customer orders (i.e. quotations and order entry)
- Assess processing equipment requirements to execute the RFQ.
- Sourcing for not stocked items and fabrication entry
- Solicit processing quotations from an established processing vendor base.
- Prepare cost estimates, including material, labor and freight.
- Suggest margins and selling prices, based on market conditions.
- Prepare excel spreadsheets detailing the nature of the quote, and draft Sales Quotations.
- Following up and out calling for direct sales
- Communicating of any interaction that might require the outside salesperson's/customer attention, or may result in additional sales
- Understanding the goals and concepts of our business and incorporating business goals to achieve sales growth and profitability
- Interface with Regional Inside and Outside Sales personnel to tender proposals.
- Working closely with customers, territory managers, credit, outside processors, inventory, systems, warehouse, and other departments in the company.
- Associate's degree
- Fabrication experience and knowledge preferred
- Has at least two (2) years of proven sales or customer service experience
- Sufficient knowledge of manufacturing processes to determine equipment needed to produce detailed parts.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and drawings.
- AutoCAD and Sigmanest experience a plus
- Strong math aptitude
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Is aggressive, competitive and self-motivated
- Detail oriented, organized and can multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving/conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well and excel while working with a team or individually
- Ability to multi-task.