Software Support Engineer
Cray, Inc - Seattle, WA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Cray is looking for a highly self-directed person to fill the role of incident Triager. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the triage/first level problem diagnosis of serious problems occurring on Cray data center systems, where such problems can be due to hardware or software failure.
The Triage role requires performing problem analysis to understand if incidents to be triaged belong to a known problem set or if a particular problem has not been seen before. Timely reports are required. Bug reports are updated to append new information for known problems. A new bug report is generated to provide details when a problem is seen for the first time. When all incidents from a day have been triaged, a daily triage report is generated. Problem analysis will be supported by consulting subject matter experts (SME s) from each area of the software stack, a set of tools, and a well-defined process. You will also expand the existing tool set to optimize the triage process as you deem desirable. Some software development background is a large plus. Test/QA experience is a plus. Hands on help desk experience is a plus, as is unix sysadmin experience or interest. Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or related area.
- Ability to drive yourself to a tight schedule and to work well with others is required.
- Stack analysis: familiarity with dump tools and a working knowledge/level of familiarity with crash analysis tools is needed to be successful.
- Scripting experience: Being comfortable on the Linux command line / shell environment is a necessity. Perl experience is helpful.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with SME s, create timely reports/bug generation, and be assertive and thorough.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix systems and of software architecture is a plus.
-Experience with large systems is a plus.
This position could be located at any of our R&D sites:
*St. Paul, MN
*Chippewa Falls, WI
Cray is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.