Information Technology Manager - Ft. Belvoir, VA
EOIR Technologies - Fort Belvoir, VA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
As a result of combat operations, INSCOM expanded the traditional role of supporting the Army's training requirements through implementation of the Foundry Program, which provides operationally focused gap training for intelligence soldiers and units who are deploying and preparing to deploy. Under this program, the Information Technology (IT) Manager shall: - Direct instruction, materials, and assistance for the delivery of training to support INSCOM's mission and to meet organizational training purposes
- Develop and provide new training initiatives to support Foundry or other training requirements, QRC fielding, and National Agency training requirements
- Manage and conduct operational activities that support C-PED for intelligence operational readiness training
- Manage the G3 Training effort as a single program, including management of component and constituent programs
- Develop, deliver, and maintain training materials, including training support packages (TSP)
- Where appropriate, develop tactics, techniques/procedures (TTPs) and doctrine
- Support training exercises (e.g., transportation, installation, and maintenance of training systems)
- Conduct training to support the intelligence operations and analysis functions of INSCOM's operational and training missions
- Transition specialized training programs to or from other Government institutions and institutional training system
The IT Manager performs IT activities in support of the above functions, including, but limited to:
- Course setup, configuration, operation, teardown, and planning of hardware, software, and data
- Ancillary information technology support, integration of IC-militarized equipment, database support, and engineering support
Applicant must have a basic understanding of web/portal design (e.g., Army Knowledge Online, Army Knowledge Online SIPRNET). He/she will purchase and install, as required or necessary, licenses for software applications used for training or training development. At the discretion and approval of the Government, purchase and install training support software applications that may be needed to develop or deliver training packages or programs, e.g., Adobe, Dreamweaver, or CODECs.
This position does not normally deploy but may be required to deploy to locations worldwide for limited duration (less than 90 days). As such, the applicant must be willing and able to deploy, including able to meet physical requirements for deployment.
- 15+ years experience in general IT
- 5+ years web/portal design and management, network administration, and/or Systems Configuration and Control
- Understanding of computer-based training (CBT) and Distance Learning (DL) Web-based programs/software development requirements and processes.
- Able to purchase and install training support software applications that may be needed to develop or deliver training packages or programs, e.g., Adobe, Dreamweaver, or CODECs.
- Willing and physically capable of deploying worldwide for limited durations, as required.
- BA or BS degree in IT Systems, Networking, Administration
- 3 years experience in CBT and DL programs/software development
- Certifications in Security A+, CompTIA A+, Java, Oracle, Java SE, and/or .net.
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) certification