Store Associate Dog Trainers - ReqCode 33952
Petco - Alexandria, VA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Put your love of dogs to work and be someone who makes it happen!
Whether you have experience in dog training OR are interested in learning dog
training skills through our Dog Training Instructor program, PETCO has great
opportunities for you.
As a store associate, you will be part of a winning team that interacts with
companion animals and their pet parents, cares for our great variety of
companion animals, and promotes our 'adoption first' philosophy.
In addition to your regular store duties, you will have the opportunity to be
involved in our dog training program where you will use PETCO's positive
reinforcement training methods to deliver dog training and behavior modification
information to our canine pet friends and their pet parents, helping them
strengthen their bond.
PETCO positions will allow you to grow professionally and personally in a
dynamic environment, plus you're paid to have fun while you're doing it!
* Promoting and conducting dog-training classes within assigned PETCO store(s)
* Assisting owners/customers by determining their needs and sharing product
knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise to satisfy them, and by
effectively employing suggestive selling techniques to increase individual
* Consulting with owners/customers in solving training and behavioral issues in
a positive manner that encourages interest and satisfaction.
* Helping motivate owners/customers and their canines to ensure that both
achieve success and satisfaction with our educational services
* Assorted customer service, sales, housekeeping, and other store duties, as
determined by the General Manager
Interested candidates will need:
* A high school diploma, GED, or the ability to demonstrate basic math skills
and above-average communication skills
* Aptitude for basic customer service and sales techniques
* Professional appearance and demeanor
* Applicants with previous dog training experience must successfully complete
PETCO's Dog Training Assessments prior to hire. Those without previous dog
training experience must successfully complete PETCO's Dog Training Instructor
program after hire before assuming any dog training responsibilities.
PETCO offers a fun working environment, great benefits for qualifying positions
(including medical, dental, and vision), paid time off, flexible work schedules,
and an associate discount that's good at all PETCO stores.
Our success is a direct reflection of the dedication and creativity displayed by
all our associates, which is why at PETCO, 'Animals Always Come First. Our
People Make It Happen!'