Digital Services Technical Specialist
Swank Motion Pictures - St. Louis, MOThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Swank Motion Pictures... Swank Motion Pictures
- St. Louis, MO
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- Some College
- Company Ref #
- not providednot provided
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Digital Services Technical Specialist
This position is responsible for computer and digital media playback support for both internal and external customers. Following established processes and improving upon them, as well as working in a team environment to ensure a high level of customer support, high-quality products, planning site visits, and timely shipping is crucial to this position.
Specifically, this position is directly responsible for installation of Swank digital media playback devices at various national and local sites (50-60% travel), telephone and site support for various customers using Swank’s digital media, maintaining the digital support knowledgebase, security, assisting with some of the aspects of encoding, and fulfillment functions within Swank Motion Pictures’ Digital Services group as needed, including shipments to external customers and delivering content to the automated fulfillment systems. Another critical aspect of this position is maintaining positive, open communication with personnel across the organization.
The overall objective of the Digital Services department is the pursuit of excellence through an open partnership with internal and external customers. This is accomplished through understanding and achieving the best outcomes for the corporation through dedicated phone support, urgent attention to customers’ needs, good communication skills, attention to detail in a fast-paced, multitasking environment, with a self-starting service attitude, pride of workmanship, and excellent time management skills. Quality work, doing everything right the first time, and eliminating mistakes is the standard.
• Prompt telephone and email response to digital media customer inquiries
• Support Digital Media Player PC hardware and custom software
• Use the AS400 and web-based dashboard to track and document solutions to common problems
• Communicating the status of particular external customer issues to sales teams promptly
• Extensive travel to remote sites to assist with installations
• Some customer CATV support, including modulators, VCR’s, character generators, and other head equipment. Researching customer contracts to arrive at best solution for repairs, upgrades, or phase-out
• Work with Senior Digital technician to schedule installs
• Work with sales teams to schedule customer conference calls
• Maintain digital customer records in AS/400 system
• Maintain digital media player knowledgebase/FAQ’s for support
• Document digital media player rollout information
• Works with other members of the Digital Services team to ensure availability of all hardware/software
• Assistance with encoding and transcoding of digital media into various formats from Digital Betacam tapes into digital streams as needed
• Assists with encryption/ Digital Rights Management of digital media before delivery
• “Assembles” computer programs/computer hardware for Digital Media Players
• Tests computer programs/computer hardware returned from customers
• Loads encrypted contents onto hard drives for shipping to customers or to the automated system location
• Tests all materials before shipment
• Ships all materials on time with zero defects
Security of Digital Media Suite
• Abides by all guidelines as established in the Digital Suite security manual.
• Inventories Digi-Beta cassettes into the AS400 inventory system.
• Prints out barcodes and affixes to Digi-Beta jackets and cassettes.
• Shelves tapes according to inventory number in a secure location.
• Stores digital files on secure, closed network.
• Proactively communicates disk space information as drive space decreases.
• Must be willing to receive new tasks from or share tasks with the rest of the team as needed
• Must be willing to communicate openly about projects and other responsibilities with team, not holding back ideas about how to accomplish goals
• Must be willing to hold self and other team members accountable for all the business happening in the Digital Suite
• Must see self as part of greater whole of the organization; must actively seek to see how actions impact the company
• Must be willing to travel up to 60% for installations
• Must demonstrate commitment to the tasks at hand, putting in some overtime as necessary
• Communicate hardware and software errors to the Digital Media team
• Highly motivated and driven to meet or exceed customer needs and deadlines
• Courteous, responsive, communication over phone and email
• Multitasking, working with multiple projects and deadlines
• Understands Audio/Video technology and setups
• Solution oriented, works to find the best process to meet the end goal
• Ability to lift up to 35lbs.
• Associate’s degree or completion of technical school program in related field; Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology preferred, MCSE a plus
• Must be able to meet deadlines
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to build good relationships with both internal and external customers
Teamwork and Communication
Teamwork and communication skills are an important element to any position within Swank Motion Pictures. The work environment in Swank Motion Pictures is team based and fast paced. Candidate must have excellent communication skills and should be able to address any member of the organization. The candidate must present a professional attitude and demeanor and be able to adapt to the changing daily work environment.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan