Boston Properties - Washington, D.C.
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Washington DC Region
Boston Properties, Inc. (NYSE: BXP) develops, acquires, manages, operates and owns Class A office properties with locations in Boston, Washington DC, Midtown Manhattan, San Francisco and New Jersey.
Primary Purpose of Position:
• Maintain the integrity of all building systems, operate the building in an efficient manner, supervise work in the field and perform a variety of services in a secured facility in accordance to Boston Properties’ established operational and safety procedures.
• Maintain, repair and ensure the efficient operation of all building systems. Building systems include HVAC, water treatment, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, fire protection, structural, hardware and keying.
• Perform or supervise the installation, fabrication, construction, troubleshooting and repairing of complex mechanical and electrical equipment.
• Review and coordinate work assignments, plan work to be performed and obtain necessary tools, equipment and materials. Complete assignments and paperwork in a timely manner. Oversee the work of Engineers, Maintenance Technicians and Utility Workers.
• Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of equipment being serviced and employ service procedures and techniques indicative of first class work. Follow inspection and service procedures outlined in the preventative maintenance and loss control programs.
• Operate all equipment, power and hand tools in a safe and efficient manner. Care for assigned equipment, tools, and uniforms.
• Keep the shop, equipment rooms and common areas clean, organized, and safe.
• Inspect all areas of the building(s) and report deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvement.
• Monitor contractors, inspect work and generate deficiency lists.
• Available for various shifts and to occasionally work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs.
• Perform assigned functions required of a Chief Engineer.
• Provide exemplary customer service to internal and external customers in a positive and timely manner.
• Assist in instituting and administering policies and procedures established by Engineering Management.
• Administer necessary inventory control programs to ensure adequate spare parts and material inventories
• Respond to after hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather (including snow and ice removal) power outage and other related situations including clean-up activities, if other contracted personnel are not available.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• High School diploma or equivalent educational certification preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years as a Building Engineer or equivalent field experience.
• Comprehensive training and certification in HVAC or Operating Engineering Technologies and/or equivalent job related training and experience.
• License(s) for applicable jurisdiction and equipment:
? DC Properties - 3rd Class Steam Engineer License
? Maryland Properties - 2nd Grade Stationary Engineer License
? Virginia Properties - NIULPE 1st Class Engineer Certificate
? HVAC Masters license
? SMT Certification or enrollment in a program.
? Universal CFC certification required.
Competitive base salary plus bonus and excellent benefits package
To apply, submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Lead Engineer” in the subject line of the email.
No agencies please.
Boston Properties is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan