2nd Shift Shipping Supervisor
Patterson Companies, Inc. - Fort Worth, TXThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Patterson Companies, ... Patterson Companies, Inc.
- Fort Worth, TX
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Front Line Supervisor of the 2nd Shift Order Fulfillment Team consisting of 20 – 25 hourly employees.
Monday- Thursday 2-10:30 pm Friday 12-7:30 pm Basic Function Oversees the activities of the Order Fulfillment Team. Ensures that all order filling, checking, and packing functions are executed accurately and in a timely manner. Responsible for training, building, and leading a team of 20 – 25 warehouse employees. Works closely with the Department Team Leader to resolve any performance or personnel issues in the Order Fulfillment Department. 2. Major Responsibilities A. Monitors the Order Fulfillment Department workload and assigns responsibilities to each assigned team member. Updates Department Team Leader as to department operation status. Recommends staffing or scheduling changes as required ensuring that department remains current. B. Provides training to personnel to ensure that all department members fully understand and consistently execute all required team guidelines. Provides direction and motivates team to achieve department goals. C. Monitors the progress of scheduled downloads of computer generated customer orders from the Home Office. Informs Team Leader of any missed calls and takes immediate corrective action. D. Supervises the work of all Order Fullfillment personnel, including interviewing and recommending candidates for hire, recommending disciplinary action, and participating in the performance appraisal process. E. Controls the invoice print process. Keeps invoice printers loaded with paper, tears off invoices and bundles order invoices for the Order Fullfillment team. F. Edits invoice ship quantities as required by inventory shortages. G. Alerts the Department Team Leader to any irregularities in the product inventory (i.e. count and location errors, product shortages and product damage). H. Performs all duties of Order Fullfillment as necessary. I. Maintains the housekeeping standards. Keeps the Order Fullfillment Department neat, removes packaging from the storage locations and maintains the orderliness and cleanliness of the facility work areas. J. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
1. A high school diploma or G.E.D. is desirable.
2. Candidate must be able to read, understand customer invoice pick tickets and execute all order filling instructions.
1. Minimum of 1 year in a Patterson Distribution Center or equivalent experience.
2. Relevant work experience includes warehouse labor (Receiving, Order Filling, Shipping or Customer Service) or employment in the dental industry (dental hygienist, dental assistant and equipment service).
C. Knowledge and Skills
1. Experience using computerized inventory systems is highly desirable. Order Filling Coordinator must be able to master the D. C. computerized inventory system and use this mastery to train others in the department.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.