Senior Human Resources Manager - Compensation
Actelion - CAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Actelion Actelion
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Actelion Ltd is a biopharmaceutical company with its corporate headquarters in Allschwil/Basel, Switzerland and its US headquarters in South San Francisco, CA. Its first drug Tracleer has been approved as a therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension and is marketed through subsidiaries in key markets worldwide. As a leading player in innovative science related to the endothelium, which separates every blood vessel from the blood stream, Actelion focuses on the discovery, development and marketing of innovative drugs for significant unmet medical needs. Actelion US recently was recognized as one of the Bay Area's 100 Best Places to Work.
POSITION SUMMARY The Senior HR Manager is responsible for providing compensation leadership and support for the Actelion US organization. This individual will also play a critical role in process analysis and improvement for the HR team including overseeing the infrastructure all HR related systems. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Recommend and participate in relevant surveys to ensure compensation and rewards programs remain competitive; analyze effectiveness of current programs and provide recommendations for going enhancements.
- Manage and administer compensation activities including, but not limited to, benchmarking, new hire and promotional offer generation, corporate and sales incentive plan documentation and administration, sales contest support.
- Ensure accurate job descriptions are available for all positions and are uploaded and approved on the global quality system Quatro.
- Manage company recognition programs as well as employee service awards including program promotion, interpretation and usage.
- Design, coordinate and implement annual and on-going employee communications and programs to ensure employees continually understand and value their total rewards package.
- Serve as local US contact for all equity related activities including RSU vesting training and administration.
- Design and develop quarterly HR metrics reports for HR management team and Executive Leadership Team.
- Provide consultative advice to HR Partners, recruiters, line managers and employees as needed on all pay related issues & provide analytical support as needed.
- Responsible for employee master data management across relevant systems
- Management of process documentation for HR operations
- Assist in other projects as needed SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor s degree or HR certification required
- Minimum 7-9 years related HR experience with an emphasis in compensation and process design
- Excellent critical thinking, verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis in Excel
- Experienced in HR databases
- Ability to handle highly sensitive, proprietary and confidential information appropriately
- Must be detail oriented, resourceful and flexible
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and take initiative
- Experience managing others preferred
- Experience in biotech or pharma helpful
- Relevant knowledge of California HR practices and principles, labor and pay laws and regulations
Actelion US offers its employees a unique culture based on our core values of innovation and teamwork. This position comes with our excellent compensation and benefit package. Due to our tremendous growth, this role also has the possibility for development and advancement. Our employees enjoy an innovative and stimulating atmosphere within a multicultural environment. Actelion US offers the opportunity to impact the lives of patients in a positive way. Our employees are key to our success and because of this we are dedicated to remainin...