SPECIALIST, HR STAFFING (615)
Partners Healthcare Systems - Charlestown, MA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
SPECIALIST, HR STAFFING (615)
PHS IS HR
About Our Organization
Partners HealthCare is an integrated health care system founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. In addition to its two academic medical centers, the Partners system includes community and specialty hospitals, community health centers, a physician network, home health and long-term care services, and other health-related entities. Partners is one of the nation's leading biomedical research organizations and a principal teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School. Partners HealthCare is a not-profit organization. We have opportunities in Finance, Information Systems, Human Resources, and many other areas that work behind the scenes in support of the Partners mission.
As part of the Partners Corporate Human Resources Team, the Staffing Specialist will be partnered with Information Systems and responsible for hiring technical, analytical, and/or support staff, as well as various staffing projects within Information Systems. The Staffing Specialist will be responsible for the full recruitment lifecycle.
Some areas of Information Systems include clinical systems, financial and administrative systems, applications development, clinical informatics, technical services and operations, integrated network communications, support services, and site teams.
The Staffing Specialist serves as the point of contact for managers and applicants throughout the hiring process. The ideal candidate must be able to partner with hiring managers and other members of the HR team to develop effective and efficient recruitment strategies. The Staffing Specialist will:
* Develop and implement effective recruiting strategies in a fast-paced, matrixed, and geographically disparate organization.
* Drive the staffing lifecycle: sourcing, screening, interviews, selection, references, background checks, and offers of employment.
* Establish and maintain solid working relationships with hiring managers of all different levels from front line managers to senior leaders. Recommends recruiting best practices, provides advice and counsel throughout the process.
* Partner with hiring managers to scope job description to gain a solid understanding of not only the skills and educational requirements, but also to determine the qualities and attributes of a successful candidate for the specific team and/or department
* Leverage all available resources to identify and recruit the very best candidates, including networking, referrals, direct sourcing, social media outlets, job boards and databases and internal Applicant Tracking System.
* Assist managers with hiring decisions and negotiations
* Ensure internal and market equity
* Monitor market for subject matter area and update managers and HR leadership on changing market conditions.
* Participate in various recruitment-related events, workforce development initiatives, and HR sponsored events/initiatives as needed
* Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices, monitoring job offers and compensation practices, emphasizing benefits and perks.
* As workload permits, may be involved in a variety of HR projects and programs.
Other duties as assigned
* Demonstrated success in recruiting for healthcare, IT, and or healthcare IT staff.
* Demonstrated understanding of Employment Laws
* Demonstrated knowledge of and success with a wide range of sourcing techniques, including networking, referrals, direct sourcing, social media outlets, job boards and resume databases and proficiency with internal Applicant Tracking Systems.
* Substantial experience with common Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) required
* Experience with PeopleSoft ATS a plus
* Ability to be flexible in serving a diverse customer base with varied needs.
* Ability to work independently and proactively
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills and team-based project experience
* Sharp business acumen and political savvy
* Experience with or understanding of a matrixed organization
* Strong customer service orientation
* Ability to handle confidential and sensitive situations tactfully
Drive and willingness to get the job done.
* Bachelor s Degree
* Minimum of 2 years of recruitment experience
Experience with healthcare (clinical staff) and/or IT recruiting required, healthcare IT preferred.
Standard cube/office environment. Local travel required. Must have valid driver s license and reliable transportation.
The Staffing Specialist is expected to be fiscally responsible in negotiating salary offers, utilization of supplies and resources, travel expenses, etc.