Account Manager - Service I 83-523
Hussmann Corporation - Urbandale, IAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Hussmann Corporation Hussmann Corporation
- Urbandale, IA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- Less than High School
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Since 1906, Hussmann has been helping retailers preserve and display fresh foods. Today Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers throughout the world.
Hussmann serves a wide variety of customers involved in the global cold chain. These include supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and foodservice establishments.
Hussmann creates value for customers in the areas of merchandising, food safety, shelf live extension, sustainability and the life cycle value. Hussmann is focused on addressing the needs of its customers, providing solutions that provide superior value for their business.
Responsible for developing long-term customer relationships and maximizing account penetration and customer retention with building owner accounts.
Strategic Account Management
- Provides knowledge and consultation in the form of developing refrigeration system related solutions for the customer’s problems, including financial and performance-based considerations.
- Utilizes Account management process to identify key customers and to develop specific action plans to grow identified accounts.
- Consistently ascertains customer needs and current market opportunities. Assembles and coordinates acquisition team as needed for customers and projects.
- Identifies potential opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Converts leads into opportunities by assigning the appropriate sales process, identifying the required sales team members, making assignments, and communicating the next steps in the process.
- Develops multiple relationships with buying influences in the customer’s organization, including facility manager, project managers, project engineers, and purchasing.
- Develops and executes an account specific business plan to identify the long term, mutual support requirements required to facilitate a strong, profitable and successful partnership.
- Provides total account business reports and annual forecasts.
- Maintains an acceptable rate of business acquisition.
Tactical Account Management
- Provides quotes for service repairs, change outs, IAQ, and energy solutions including quotes for time and material as well as fixed price services.
- Contacts responsible parties for purposes of securing renewal of service contracts.
- Prepares and submits required management activity reports.
- Collects project data and compares to the office’s capabilities.
- Gathers or validates preliminary information and performs facility walkthrough to determine level of opportunity.
- Develops, evaluates, and discusses possible solutions with customer.
- Estimates project by analyzing and integrating equipment, controls, subcontractors, and services for each project using Trane business systems.
- Develops preliminary project fulfillment schedule.
- Prepares and finalizes preliminary/final proposal. Enters customer/project information into business systems.
- Validates the preliminary proposal with customer.
- Determines proposal price and selling strategy.
- Prepares, negotiates, and reviews agreement/project scope.
- Presents/reviews proposal and/or contract with all buying influences negotiating scope of agreement/project.
- Follows up with buying influences.
- Prepares transition documents and communicates project readiness for assignment to operations team.
- Resolves major deviations from scope with team after Project Scope Validation.
- Assists customers in answering technical questions on refrigeration systems, Hussmann Products, and relevant industry issues.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, contracts, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Valid Driver’s License, Proof of personal insurance
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you belong with Hussmann.
Hussmann is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.