Oil and Gas - Houston, TX
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Tyco Flow Control (TFC) is the largest manufacturer of valves, actuators and associated flow control products in the world, serving the oil and gas, chemical, power generation, petrochemical, waterworks, and pulp and paper industries, as well as the pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and specialty markets. TFC generates nearly $4BB dollars in revenue and employs 15,000 associates in over 80 locations around the globe.
TFC Americas has an exciting role for a Training Manager who will be responsible for planning, directing, developing a comprehensive training program to improve customer service and aftermarket service employee skills and performance. Responsibilities:
- Manage the training program for the sales, service and distribution organization in North America. Ensure company compliance through effective training programs and periodic audits. Provide guidance and instruction to team so that all processes, procedures and work instructions are properly documented.
- Conduct periodic training sessions on applicable policies and procedures to ensure staff is adequately trained.
- Solicit and manage customer feedback related to all employee training activities that impact the business through regular periodic surveys. Report survey results to upper management at least quarterly.
- Develop, track and analyze metrics to drive continuous process improvement.
- Build, develop and maintain a training curriculum for the inside sales team to achieve best-in-class service. Training programs should be comprehensive and include items such as policies, procedures, software (SAP, MaxRecall, MS software), sales skills, product knowledge, and customer service development.
- Build, develop and maintain a training curriculum for the distribution and service employees to address needed skills and processes including warehousing, shipping, receiving, valve automation, pressure management, valve and actuator repair. Training programs should be comprehensive and include items such as policies, procedures, technical skills, software (SAP), career development, employee qualification and certifications, and safety requirements. Programs must also include the voice of the customer and industry recognized codes and standards.
- Identify, coordinate and source internal & external training providers.
- Facilitate training as required.
- Analyze training requirements data to determine specific training needs and determine the cost/benefit analysis of such training.
- Develop post training assessment tools and evaluate student post training for overall progress.
- Continuously partner with managers to develop and assign training curriculum in the Learning Management System for existing and new hire employees.
- Develop methodology to track individualized training programs, progress and status.
- Develop management performance reports as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a technical field and minimum 3-5 years of related experience in the field or in a related area. 2-4 years of training experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- SAP experience a plus
- Requires knowledge of principles and methods for presenting, promoting, and selling products or services
- Requires knowledge of employee certification and qualification programs as they relate to aftermarket services of industrial valves and associated equipment
- Requires knowledge of Industrial Codes and Standards related to employee training, qualification, and certification.Competencies:
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Integrity and Trust
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Motivating Others
- Problem Solving
- Building Effective Teams
Employee Discounts, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition reimbursement, Computer Purchase Program, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Healthcare and Dependant Care Savings Plans; Long-Term Care Insurance; Disability Insurance