Mgr, Security Network Ops
Level3 Communications, LLC - Phoenix, AZ
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Expiration Date: 2012-07-07
Employer: Level 3 Communications
Title: Mgr, Security Network Ops
Location: Arizona-Phoenix-AZ:Phoenix:14605 S
Stronger Connections. New Possibilities.
A career with Level 3 is more than just a job, it's an opportunity to join a company that delivers a comprehensive portfolio of converged voice, video, data and managed services to enterprise, content, wholesale and government customers. Business applications require more bandwidth, and we aim to deliver exceptional value to support efficiency and growth. Our customers partner with our team of over 10,000 dedicated people in more than 45 countries who focus on understanding business challenges, responding with a relevant solution and delivering a consistent, industry-leading customer experience. Whether you are an experienced professional, or just embarking on your career, Level 3 provides a fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment in which to grow. Why Join Level 3 Communications?
We are trusted, reliable and responsive in meeting the needs of our customers. Level 3 is experiencing tremendous growth and raising the bar in the telecommunications industry. To support our continued success, we are looking for the best in the industry to join our team. Apply today and become an integral part of the team that is raising the bar in the telecommunications industry.
Responsible for managing Tier-I and Tier-II Security Operations technicians as part of the Global Security organization. Assists with development of security products, programs and policy guidance, develops process and procedure as part of the SOC management team. Manages and coordinates virtual-SOC team with geographically diverse assets, ensuring fluid communication, effective and efficient workflow, and outstanding customer service. Responsible for the Tier-I and Tier-II support of enterprise and commercial security programs.
- Commitment-based, collaborative leadership of a shared team in cooperation with the SOC management team.
- Direct supervision of up to fifteen technicians, remote supervision additional team as needed.
- Hiring, training, performance management, and career development of Tier-I and Tier-II SOC technicians.
- Timely delivery of Management and Security projects with high quality of work.
- Evaluation of security, network, and management tools and platforms.
- Responsibility for ITSM Service Management and Continual Service Improvement.
- Development and management of Performance and Quality-Assurance metrics, measurements, KPI, and reporting. Creation and management of service improvement plans.
- Develop, deliver, and maintain efficient and effective operational stability while enabling continual improvement and adaptation. Continually realign service with changing business and product needs.
- Development of working relationships with affiliated teams. Education and Experience
- Experience: 7 yrs
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Field Of Study: Information Security, Information Technology, or related field
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
. Seven or more years of combined experience in an information/network security operations environment, covering both Event Management and Incident Management responsibilities in technical, analyst, and management roles
. OR completion of a formal information/network security degree at an accredited college and three or more years of combined InfoSec management and operational experience
. Preferred: completion of service management, networking or information/network security management certifications (ITILv3 Foundations, PMP, SANS GSLC, ISACA CISM, or