Chef Manager - ReqCode 578552
Unidine - Boston, MAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Unidine Unidine
- Boston, MA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
- Bachelors Degree
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Unidine is a great company with exceptional benefits and a remarkable corporate culture. Every member of the Unidine team is driven to deliver the highest level of customer and client service and shares a belief that our approach to fresh food is fundamentally linked to health and wellness, human interaction and social responsibility. From this common foundation, we deliver the best food and dining management services in the industry and exceed our customers' and clients' expectations every day.
Chef Manager - Senior Living HealthCare
The Chef Manager has the responsibility for leading the dining service team members toward client satisfaction with food quality and meal service. The successful leader will be responsible for developing effective working relationships with clients and team members while training and directing the team towards providing outstanding client and customer dining services. As department head you are responsible, without limitation, to ensure the smooth operation of your operations.
Essential functions and key tasks:
* Hands-on food preparation according to prescribed menu, recipes and preparation techniques.
* Food and supply purchasing - adhering to product specifications and authorized vendors.
* Scheduling and supervision of department personnel with adherence to productivity metrics.
* Oversight of dining room operations including all associated service methods, ambiance and sanitation practices.
* Create and maintain excellent relationships with the residents, Executive Director, and fellow department heads.
* Participate in scheduled training and informational meetings to facilitate consistent implementation of culinary initiatives and service standards.
* Manage, train and develop your community's Dining Services department staff.
* Adhere to operating budget (financial and productivity) and complete reporting responsibilities on a daily/weekly basis.
* Assure regulatory compliance for sanitation and program documentation.
Education and Experience:
Minimum2 years related experience and/or training at the Chef or Chef Manager level or equivalent. Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Culinary Arts or Hotel/Restaurant Management is highly desirable; having completed Certified Dietary Management program preferred. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment that offers unlimited growth opportunities and rewards achievements.
Unidine Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.