Diet Aid - ReqCode 563221
Unidine - Southfield, MI
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Unidine is a great company with exceptional benefits and a remarkable corporate culture. Every member of the Unidine team is driven to deliver the highest level of customer and client service and shares a belief that our approach to fresh food is fundamentally linked to health and wellness, human interaction and social responsibility. From this common foundation, we deliver the best food and dining management services in the industry and exceed our customers' and clients' expectations every day.
As a Dietetic Aide, you will be responsible for providing food and nutrition services to patients under the guidance of a registered dietician. You will act as a liaison between the clinical team and dining services as well as with family and visitors. As a Dietetic Technician, you will assist dieticians with evaluating, implementing, and organizing nutrition programs while meeting and exceeding resident and client expectations.
Essential Functions and key tasks:
* Conducts nutrition screening of patients upon admission to determine nutrition risk and level of care required and communicated these findings to the registered dietitian.
* Performs routine nutritional assessments under the guidance of the registered dietitian.
* Prepares care plans which takes into consideration the patients age, medical requirements, culture, religious and ethnic needs as well as personal preferences.
* Communicates with other departments, such as nursing, to optimize patient care.
* Monitors food quality and delivery as well as patient satisfaction with meals.
* Monitors and evaluates nutritional intake and appropriateness of meals.
* Evaluates and monitors the effectiveness and outcome of nutritional services and answers or refers questions regarding patient's nutritional care to registered dietician.
* Demonstrates the ability to properly protect patient's health information.
Education and Experience:
Associate's degree from a dietetic technician registered program approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetic Education of the American Dietetic Association. Registered (DTR) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association. Clear and effective written and oral communication is a must. Effective time management skills are necessary to this position. At least one year clinical experience preferred.
Unidine Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.