Education Specialist II (Insurance) - ReqCode Ed Spec II Ins
AAA Ohio Auto Club - Worthington, OH
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
'Committed to providing quality service and products to all members and clients.'
SUMMARY: Plan and conduct training needs surveys and present recommendations for training and non-training solutions to higher management. Design and develop training courses and programs including classroom, self-study and distance learning. Conduct training programs in sales, sales management, customer service, performance management, insurance, product and technical training. Administer training programs. Evaluate the success of training using performance-based measurement tools. Serve as leader on training projects and coach less experienced team members. Develop technical documentation in support of training initiatives.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITIES:
I. NEEDS ASSESSMENT
For requested training: work with program stakeholders to determine if training is the appropriate solution. Plan and conduct training needs analyses. Identify and respond to training constraints and present recommendations for training and non-training solutions to higher management.
II. TRAINING DEVELOPMENT
1. Develop and present project plans for management and stakeholder approval.
2. Perform job studies to identify skills and knowledge requirements of the identified target population(s)
3. Develop training objectives and confirm them with project stakeholders
4. Determine appropriate instructional methods and strategies for target population levels of expertise and learning styles
5. Design and develop instructor-led, self-paced, e-learning, and blended media training courses, including instructor guides, student materials, exercises, tests, media, reference documentation, and job aids
6. Develop comprehensive mastery testing of all program terminal training objectives.
7. Provide program implementation plans
8. Provide program maintenance plans that ensure training validity remains constant through changes in job population, technologies, organizational change, and other variables
III. TRAINING DELIVERY
Conduct training programs, including technical training, sales and sales management, customer service, performance management, and product introductions
IV. ADMINISTRATION & EVALUATION
1. Administer training programs, including establishing delivery dates, maintaining enrollments and completions, and scheduling rooms and equipment
2. Write end-of-course reports evaluating student readiness to perform on the job. Consult with managers regarding remedial training needs as appropriate
3. Administer performance-based measurement assessments for objective evaluation of instructional programs. Make ongoing adjustments to training as needed.
1. Continued professional development to keep abreast of trends and current practices in instructional technology and adult education
2. Represent the Education and Performance Development department on teams and committees
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
1. Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field, required.
2. Ohio Insurance Property and Casualty Sales License, required (for oversight of Insurance Education and Training development only).
Minimum three to five years experience designing, developing, presenting, and measuring training programs in a corporate training environment
VIII. SKILLS & ABILIITES
1. Excellent project management and critical thinking ... To view the rest of this job posting or to apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button