Assembly (First Shift)
Houston Galleria, TX - Houston, TX
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Our customer, a leader in the electrical manufacturing industry, has an urgent need for Assemblers at their Pearland production site. This opportunity has the potential to be converted to a full-time employee with our customer!
Assembler (First shift - 6 AM-2:30 PM)
Pay Rate: $9.00/hr
Performs duties to assemble a number of parts and components in a variety of products and fill out proper paperwork (e.g. scrap tickets and checklist).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Set up work cells/light equipment from schedules, shop order, blueprints and instructions.
2. Work closely with material handler to receive and organize all necessary equipment for current job.
3. Operate and adjust tools, gauges, use hand and power tools, pallet jack, fixed gauges, jigs and direct reading instruments.
5. Pack, label and include all material instructions on all finished jobs.
6. Follow safety rules and keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standing for long periods of time (8+ hours/day), sitting, stooping, squatting, lifting can be expected along with other means transfer of parts and material.
Must be able to frequently lift, push, and pull objects that are 1 – 50 lbs. maximum weight requirement.
Must be able to work with small parts, connectors, etc.
Must have effective written and oral communication skills.
Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math to perform basic calculations.
6 months experience in manufacturing setting or equivalent REQUIRED.
The performance of this position normally requires exposure to a typical manufacturing areas where under certain conditions, require the use of personal protective equipment such as Safety Glasses with side shields and hearing protection. Primary environment: Temperature of work area may be affected by outside temperatures and machining. Industrial lighting provided. Reasonable accommodations may be to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes and oil.
Highlights of Working with Adecco: Why Adecco? Because Adecco provides one of the most COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS package in the industry to contract workers. Benefits available to you as a contractor after one week of employment include:
- Medical Coverage - access to an affordable and comprehensive group medical coverage plan
- 401(k) - Adecco offers all temporary employees the ability to participate in a 401(k) savings program
- Pay Options/Direct Deposit - we make it as easy as possible for you to get paid
- Service Bonus - rewarding employees who make an extended work commitment
- Paid Holidays - selected paid holiday, based on accrued hour requirement
- State-of-the-art Career Center - training and resources available for all employees
Highly trained and professional staff - Our team cares about you and your career Adecco is an equal opportunity employer. The Adecco Group is a Fortune Global 500 company and the global leader in HR services. Our group connects over 700,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 6,600 offices in over 70 countries and territories around the world. We offer employment opportunities at any stage in your Professional Career.
APPLY TODAY AT WWW.ADECCOUSA.COM