* Assist in design and planning of all new customer connections and optimization of both new and existing L.A.C.T., field data, storage and terminal facilities where automation or electronic management is required.
* Perform installation, problem diagnosis, fault analysis and repair of computerized control systems relative to the following:
* Metering (volumetric and mass measurement) and control devices.
* Control systems (PLC, Relay Logic, etc.).
* Fiber optic communications systems.
* Leased telecom circuits.
* Local area network.
* Component level repair to electronics circuits.
* Motor operated valves.
* Electronic tank gauging systems.
* Operations computer hardware and associated equipment.
* Complex analog and digital communications multiplex equipment / systems to control required product delivery.
* Ensure installations adhere to corporate policies, procedures, applicable codes and regulations.
* Manage technical projects at the field level and coordinate material and resources.
* Interface with engineering and apply design detail at the field level.
* Provide relief for the Area Technical Lead as necessary.
* Provide detailed material & labor project estimates.
* Act as a mentor to the Measurement Technicians.
* Other duties as required.
Required Qualifications (in order of priority):
* High School Diploma. Prefer Associate's degree in Electrical Engineering or Trade School Certificate in Electrical, Electronics, and Instrumentation.
* Minimum 5 years experience with oil field and/or pipeline and terminal automation systems; SCADA experience preferred.
* Effective use of computers/software.
* Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
* Proficient with L.A.C.T. data management system.
* Strong understanding of DOT, NEC, OSHA and API compliance regulations.
* High level of technical knowledge in the electrical, communications, instrumentation control field.
* High level of technical knowledge in facilities data control, metering (volumetric and mass measurement) equipment.
* Ability to perform at high level as a computer technician, SCADA systems operator.
* Ability to interpret regulations, determine impact on pipeline/terminal operations and assist with implementation of compliance.
* Ability to provide design and planning support for Lease Data Management.
* Diagnosis and repair of computers and related software problems.
* Proficient in the use of sophisticated communications, electronic and electrical test equipment.
* Previous project management is preferred.