- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Principle Network Administrator
Superior Technical Resources - Williston, VTThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Superior Technical Re... Superior Technical Resources
- Williston, VT
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
- Bachelors Degree
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Superior Technical Resources is looking for a Principle Network Administrator that will be responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results. Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Provides work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Individual contributors may function in a project leadership role.
- May represent organization with peers in outside organizations.
Talent and Resources, Aligned. www.superiorjobs.com. EOE M/F/D/V
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 6 years of network administration and support
- Minimum 6 years of experience with routers and switches
- Minimum 6 years experience in desktop operating systems and applications
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- CISCO certifications are preferred
- Bluecoat Proxy experience is desired