Assistant General Manager
UTI, United States, Inc. - Dallas, TXThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- UTI, United States, I... UTI, United States, Inc.
- Dallas, TX
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- Entry Level (0 - 2 years)
- Bachelors Degree
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the distribution center activities including building operations, labor scheduling, space utilization, equipment usage, customer service, and UTi systems. In addition, the AGM is responsible for special projects and other activities falling within UTi's scope of work as defined by the operating agreement with THD. This Manager plans, organizes, staffs, directs, and controls those functions for which they have accountability.
The selection, professional development, and motivation of all associates are key responsibilities of the Assistant General Manager. In addition, the establishment of performance objectives and strategic planning for the facility are expectations of the role. Key deliverables include achieving prescribed company and client objectives with regard to quality, safety, productivity, customer service, and financial performance.
The Assistant General Manager has the general responsibility of coordinating and managing approximately 200 hourly associates, 6 operation managers, 16 supervisors and all warehouse activities on a daily basis under the direction of the General Manager. The AGM is responsible for the managing of the receiving, processing, and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives. This will also include daily labor planning, meeting established labor and CPH goals while maintaining safety, quality and accuracy objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities to include:
- Oversee operations
- Provide support and accountability for all receiving/distribution functions
- Resolve issues and obstacles which impede the operation
- Assist with client relations
- Foster employee development programs
- Implement and enforce safety, housekeeping, and security standards
- Ensure proper inventory accountability for products
- Perform administrative functions such as month-end documentation, management counseling and evaluations, and any other administrative duties required by the General Manager
- Participate in Quality Improvement and Safety meetings
- Maintain quality compliance
- Ensure metrics compliance
- Meet cost targets and compile the weekly P&L
- Cover for the GM as needed
The position of Assistant General Manager requires experience in warehousing, distribution and logistics management, as well as relevant management experience. Proficiency with MS Office, WMS, and material handling equipment is required. Skills in planning, staffing, budgeting, organizing, controlling, and communicating are required. The ability to develop effective relationships, provide continuous leadership and professionalism, and integrate diverse organizations and individuals toward unifying objectives is critical.
Education and/or Experience
4-Year College Degree preferred
Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position in complex and or ?big box environment are a plus
English (reading, writing, verbal)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs
2. Job requires physical stamina to be ?on the floor as needed to monitor and oversee operations
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the