Category Manager / Advisor -Target
SM-Consumer - Minneapolis, MNThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- SM-Consumer SM-Consumer
- Minneapolis, MN
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- not provided
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
CATEGORY MANAGER - TARGET
DescriptionDevelop and deliver effective 4P execution based on Local Success Models and an understanding of customers, categories and consumers to maximize profitability.
* Collaborate with Trade Marketing to ensure that NPD plans and wider categories are aligned and best practices are shared.
* Customize 4P strategies and plans to align with and support the retailers category strategy
* Effectively negotiate mutually beneficial solutions with various stakeholders and influence key decision-makers to improve in-store presence & shopper conversion
* Conduct analysis of specific customer promotions and feed in recommendations to Trade Marketing & the relevant NAM(s).
* Work in partnership with Shopper Marketing to undertake bespoke account research
* Contribute to NPD meetings by representing the customer's viewpoint to improve the effectiveness and applicability of the final go to market strategy.
* Set customer performance targets and proactively identify 4P opportunities based on in-depth understanding of the customer's capability, position in the market and willingness to execute.
* Implement own initiatives from concept to in-store execution
* Drive the line review process with the customer
* Manage elements of contribution to P&L
* Understand and consider the impact of own decisions and independent action within other units and wider business
* Manage short and long term contractual tactics and strategies
* Developing & managing a long term trusted relationship with the customer
* Translating & executing 4P strategies
* Be the recognized category expert by the customer
* Be the recognized retailer expert internally
* This role is based in Minneapolis, MN
* 4-year college degree
* 5-years experience in either FMCG, Top ten national retailer or client facing in blue chip data provider (eg. Dunn Humby / Nielsen)
* Proven track record of influencing within cross-functional relationships with key decision makers.
* Proven ability to develop strong long term client/customer relationships
* Proven analytical skills & ability to successfully integrate different streams of information into sound propositions
* Strong knowledge of Syndicated Data (Nielsen/IRI, Spectra, Panel Data, A&Us)
* Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills
* Computer proficient (Microsoft Office, Nielsen/IRI)
* Highly proactive with strong time management & organizational skills
* Proven political understanding & resilience demonstrating the ability to operate on their own with demanding customers
* Inspires trust with excellent interpersonal skills.
* Capable of building strong networks and working relationships by effectively influencing people that are cross-functional
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral (in English).
* Strong analytical skills with ability to interpret strategies, develop tactics and measurable implementation.
* Ability to challenge the status quo and the ability to manage and deliver positive change
* Self-motivated with high levels of energy and drive, highly flexible and takes the initiative to do what's needed
* Results oriented with the ability to set and achieve challenging targets