Principal Product Manager
Symantec - Herndon, VA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Symantec's Threat and Risk Management group is focused on helping business address the unique challenge of IT Risk Management in a threatscape unlike any seen before. Within the Threat and Risk Management Group, the Threat Management group is tasked to deliver effective incident response capabilities through multiple form factors: the Security Information Manager product and Symantec's Managed Security Services.
Symantec Security Information Manager enables a documented, repeatable process for security threat response and IT policy compliance via integrated log management and incident response solutions. Symantec Security Information Manager is designed to deliver proactive security protection, helping organizations demonstrate compliance and reduce overall security risk. For more information, go to http://www.symantec.com/business/security-information-manager
Organizations around the world rely on Symantec Managed Security Services to build and sustain a resilient incident management program. Symantec offers the global presence and scale to satisfy even the largest enterprises. Every month, Symantec Managed Security Services:
* Analyze over 275 billion log entries
* Identify over 40,000 potential security incidents
* Escalate over 4,000 validated, severe incidents
For more information, go to http://www.symantec.com/business/managed-security-servicesResponsibilities
* Responsible for defining how security incidents are presented to MSS customers.
* Responsible for any workflow integration and escalation requirements that compliment incident presentation.
* Responsible for all supporting reports that support the Security Monitoring or Log Management services.
* Responsible for defining the Customer Monthly Report that summarizes
* Manage the communication of all customer impacting changes to the MSS customer base.
* Evangelize product and service strategy and roadmap both internally and with customers and partners
* Identify and cultivate key partnerships and alliances to facilitate implementation of product and service strategy
* Drive assigned cross-functional initiatives and projectsQualifications
* A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is required
* Superior structured problem solving abilities
* Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
* Sound business judgment
* Strong sense of ownership, initiative and work ethic
* Confidence, credibility, poise, and ability to think on your feet
* Domain expertise with Managed Security Services, Security Incident and Event Management or Log Management a plus
* Experience in enterprise software product management a plus
* Ability and desire to travel 25-35% - international travel will be required on occasion