RPG/DB2 Data Analyst - NEEDED NOW!!
CDI - Memphis, TN
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity?
This may be your lucky day!
It is time for a change and CDI can help.
We have an immediate need for a RPG/DB2 Data Analyst
Positions name: RPG/DB2 Data Analyst
The data analyst position is responsible for creating data file extracts and ad-hoc reports for various corporate office departments. Having a high level of experience in interactive SQL and business analysis, this person must routinely translate requests from various lines of business into data specifications and business/technical requirements documents that can be used for development of reports and data marts. He would also assist in the initial support and documentation of multiple data marts and processes used in multiple business intelligence applications (Business Objects, Essbase, and OBIEE)
- Using interactive SQL, create file data extracts and ad-hoc reports for various departments within Manheim with an emphasis on operations and sales/marketing. Reports are created primarily using interactive SQL statements with multiple intermediate work files.
- Create weekly/monthly customized report requests for corporate office departments
- Review and document RPG processes and programs used within an IBM AS400 / iSERIES
- Review and document ETL processes and programs used within data marts, dashboards and reports.
- Assists in the review, analysis and reconciliation of datamart files and fields used for reporting
- Assist in the ongoing monitoring and support of data processes used across multiple business intelligence applications
- Assist with testing reports and dashboard for data validation, functionality and formatting,
- Work directly with business users to gather requirements and translate them to technical specs with data mapping from source to final report/dashboard.
- Create business/technical requirement documents that will be used for the development of reports and data marts
Nice to have skills:
- SQL programming with Informix is desirable
Working knowledge of RPG programming and ETL processing is required
- Candidate will have good analytical skills with strong SQL skills and working knowledge of how to maneuver within the iSeries environment
- Working knowledge of data file structures and how to evaluate and test report results
- Knowledge of auto auction industry helpful
- Excellent business and data analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Working knowledge of creating business and technical documentation
- Ability to adapt to multiple tasks with changing levels of priority
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of various data analysis tools (i.e. SQL, Microsoft Excel, Informatica)
- Strong knowledge of PC hardware and standard PC applications (MS office)
Contract length: 7 months
Location: Atlanta, GA
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US for any employer without visa sponsorship.
Why wait another day!
It is time to act!
Apply NOW and join the CDI Team today.
CDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer