Security Research Engineer
RTI - Sunnyvale, CA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Internet changed the way people interact. The next wave of computing, machine-to-machine (M2M) networking, will change the way machines interact. Sometimes called the Internet of Things or the Industrial Internet, fast, flexible connected devices will enable a new generation of distributed intelligent systems. RTI is leading this wave; our software provides the core nervous system of hundreds of mission-critical systems, from wind farms to smart cars to autonomous airplanes.
RTI has the key technology. Our product features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated participant discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control. We can connect thousands of devices quickly and reliably. But security is a key concern. How do we protect our power systems from attack? What prevents malware from damaging an autonomous plane? How do you validate and securely exchange data between hundreds or thousands of devices?
RTI’s development team must find innovative answers to these questions. As our Security Research Engineer, you will lead advanced research to secure real-time middleware while maintaining extreme performance and scalability. You will work with RTI’s top engineers and researchers in distributed systems. You will partner with many universities and research institutions worldwide. You will also lead funded research projects as Principal Investigator, and help us shape and win future proposals. We are standards leaders; you will also help us drive international standards in the area of real-time middleware security.
RTI is rated in the top 1% of all small companies at commercializing research in the US. Your work will not die in the lab; it will immediately impact critical projects worldwide. This is a unique chance to shape and drive the direction of the connected world.
• Write research proposals and help build RTI’s long-term strategic plan for security research.
• Serve as Principal Investigator and execute research that pushes the state of the art.
o Innovate new ideas, track related research, develop new concepts, prototype ideas, and report on project status.
o Interface with research project sponsors, customers, research partners, and prospects
• Participate and drive industry standards.
• Communicate technical innovations through papers and presentations.
• Help transition promising technical innovations to product, including customer trials, coordination with product marketing, design, development, testing and support.
• Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Interest in one or more key related research area: secure distributed systems, secure networking technologies, safety and security assurance, publish/subscribe security, cloud computing security
• Familiarity with academic and/or government research process.
• Enthusiasm for participation in academic conferences and standards development
• C/C++, Java, and scripting languages
• US person
Due to applicable laws, government regulations and contract specifications, we are required to fill this position only with an individual who qualifies as a “U.S. person,” although some contract specifications are more restrictive. A “U.S. person” generally means a citizen of the United States, a lawful permanent resident alien of the United States (a “Green Card” holder), or someone admitted to the United States as a refugee or granted asylum.
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, company performance-based bonus plan, medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) and LPP grants.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance