Serta International - Falconer, NY
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
SERTA MATTRESS-NATIONAL BEDDING COMPANY
Title: TAPE EDGE OPERATOR
Positions mattress on table and operates sewing machine around table while feeding in materials to be sewn. Ensures quality standards are maintained. This is the final mattress assembly operation before packaging.
*1. Slides mattress to table.
*2. Operates leg-clutch to stop and start sewing machine.
*3. Feeds materials into sewing machine as the sewing machine is moved around mattress. Re-threads sewing machine as needed. Ensures quality standards are maintained.
*4. Corrects any defective taping on mattresses.
*5. Lifts or slides finished mattress onto take away conveyor.
*6. Changes the needle and binding tape for the sewing machine as needed.
*7. Maintains clean work area and follows proper safety procedures. Sweeps floors as needed.
8. Makes any necessary sewing machine adjustments and handles basic maintenance of machine such as lubrication.
9. Provides assistance in other areas of mattress building as requested.
10. Performs other duties as requested.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
1. Basic ability to read and write English
2. Must be at least 18 years of age.
1. High School graduate or equivalent
2. Prior assembly or manufacturing experience
Initial training period is approximately 3 weeks; requires ability to reach minimum 125% efficiency on consistent basis after 45 calendar days of service.
1. Ability to read and write English
2. Good eye/hand coordination
3. Ability to interpret and support standards, policies and procedures established by the Company and Serta Inc.
Work requires a minimum of 125% efficiency. Work involves exposure to usual hazards found in a manufacturing environment. Work is repetitious and involves pulling and pushing on a regular basis, and involves walking backwards and around mattress table. Work is highly repetitious and hands may become callous through repetitive grasping of materials. Work may also involve occasional lifting of mattress to table up to 175 pounds.
Headquartered in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, Serta Mattress, a leading manufacturer of bedding products with a commitment to quality and service, has become a global company, maintaining 26 facilities in the United States, four in Canada and many international locations.