Project Civil Engineer
ARCADIS - Lenexa, KS
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
ARCADIS' Remediation Mountain West team in Lenexa, KS is seeking a Project Civil Engineer to provide support for hydrology and hydraulics evaluations, conduct engineering analysis and complete engineering design for environmental and infrastructure projects. The scope of responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
* Develop and manage favorable contracts with new and existing clients.
* Establish and maintain positive and effective client relationships and help generate new work.
* Organize and direct internal staff and external subcontractors in accordance with project priorities, guidelines and contractual obligations.
* Contribute technical or regulatory expertise.
* Ensure Health and Safety Plans are developed for all field activities and all work is completed in accordance ARCADIS and client specific health and safety guidelines.
* Recruit and mentor technical staff.
*Develops budgets and plans to meet net revenue objectives
*Develops a strategy for expansion of services within market sector
*Identifies new target clients within market sector for development
*Assist with the preparations of proposals and participate in client presentations and other business development activities.
* Working with local agencies, performing hydraulic and hydrologic calculations and modeling, preparing drainage reports, coordinating drainage design, utilities relocation, civil engineering functions, preparing specifications and construction packages, construction cost estimates and overseeing contractor activities during construction.
* Perform hydrologic and hydraulic calculations to estimate peak flows at points of interest, identifies all drainage way crossings and drainage basins and design improvements as required.
* Interprets hydraulic analyses and develops new drainage systems or modifications to existing systems.
* Reviews and coordinates all hydraulic design, drainage way improvement design, utility plans and general civil site plans; acts as Engineer of Record for projects designed in-house.
* Prepare FEMA flood map revision applications (CLOMR, LOMR etc.).
* Prepares cost estimates and schedules for civil site improvement projects.
* Obtains all necessary approvals and agreements for the drainage improvements, utility relocation and grading permits from public and private agencies.
* Develops drainage design standards and specifications.
* Oversees the construction activities of contractors for drainage improvement utility adjustments and general civil construction.
* Designs and coordinates the relocation of utilities.
* Designs general civil elements of construction plans (i.e., grading, site work, etc.).
* Prepares periodic status reports including schedule and budget updates for civil site projects.
Local candidates only; no relocation or candidate travel reimbursement for this position.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
* Minimum years of experience: 6
* Education required: Bachelors in Civil Engineering
* Years experience preferred: 7+
* Education preferred: Masters in Civil Engineering
* Skills preferred: Proficient with Civil3D / GEO-RAS / HEC-HMS applications
* This position does require travel. Travel amount is negligible.
* A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required for this position.
* This position does not manage others.
ARCADIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY - NO AGENCIES PLEASE
RESPOND HERE! Respond immediately by accessing the following
dedicated online response form which will allow you to cut and paste your
resume. This form will go directly and immediately to the
hiring authority for this position. Access the online response form at: