SVP Program Manager of Segmentation - Guy Carpenter - New York
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc - New York, NY
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world s leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 50,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $10 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Guy Carpenter is the world s premier reinsurance intermediary and strategic advisor to leading insurance and reinsurance organizations, delivering integrated solutions through its industry-leading analytics and advisory services, highly specialized product knowledge and trading relationships with reinsurance markets around the world. Headquartered in New York City, Guy Carpenter has more than 2,300 employees in more than 50 locations worldwide.
Guy Carpenter is building a Change Management Office (CMO) that will be responsible for managing and directing global change management initiatives. This office will oversee 5 major change programs: Analytics, Segmentation, Strategic Advisory, New core platform design and roll out, and Standardization of processes.
Within this office, there will be a SVP Project Manager dedicated to Segmentation. This resource will be responsible for helping shape and drive the overall plan. The Program Manager will report directly to the Global Head of change and will work with Segment Leaders to set the direction, timelines, and scope for the projects to ensure successful solutions. This individual will ensure the final deliverable will meet client specifications, on time and within budget. The PM will partner with the segment organizations to execute implementation initiatives across segments.
The role of the Segmentation Project Manager is to:
- Work with program and project sponsors and teams to build and keep updated implementation plans
- Facilitate execution of the plans
- Manage dependencies across work streams and segments
- Ensure appropriate resources are available to drive the project tasks in a timely manner
- Manage execution risk and delivery to plan issues as they arise in a timely manner
- Ensure transparent reporting of progress to the Steering team
Priorities to include:
- Develop ongoing communications and promote inclusiveness
- Mapping and modification refinement of categorizing clients into segments; create process for review of client categorization
- Setting up segment shadow organizations and P&Ls; confirm and refine organizational structure for each segment as well as shadow P&L and tracking methodology
- Client management strategies; identify client info required to support robust account management while working with Account Executives to determine strategy for each account
- Standardization of all processes, including but not limited to submissions, RFPs and analytics
- Develop, maintain, and manage detailed project plans including task and resource management against budget.
- Identify and escalate (when appropriate) risks and issues impacting project delivery, quality, timeline, or cost.
- Work with Business leaders to produce business cases for new projects and act as an advocate for them during the internal approval process.
- Conduct post deployment reviews.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Provide on-going status updates to business sponsors, steering committees, and GC leadership.
- Obtain appraisals of project delivery and project team performance from the business.
- Present project progress, vision, and accomplishments during internal town halls, industry conferences, and other learning events.
- Manage relationships with external vendors supporting project delivery.
- Motivate staff, create a work environment that facilitates teamwork and open communication.
- Achieve established quality standards by communicating job expectations, providing direction on priorities and monitoring individual and team performance.
- Provide direction to and manage the execution of work performed by external vendors/consultants.
- Liaise with colleagues throughout the enterprise and other departments within Marsh McLennan Companies outside of the core project team to accomplish project goals.
- 10 years professional experience
- 5 years experience in project management including management of project resources
- Lean certification and/or Six Sigma (Black Belt or Master Black Belt) certification highly desirable
- Project Management Certification desirable
- Ability to work within a defined timeline and budget
- Change Management /process design/re-engineering experience
- Experience in managing multiple related projects concurrently
- Previous experience working in a matrix organization
- Previous success working in a dynamic environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Must have proven leadership abilities and strong interpersonal skills
- Requires strong written, verbal, presentation and communication skills, and the ability to work independently and proactively with a strong sense of focus
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Skilled at analyzing metrics / data in order to make strategic and tactical decisions
- Effective time management skills; ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to creatively solve problems
- Business savvy individual who can understand the business objectives and value of a project quickly and easily
- Bachelors degree, Masters preferred with a focus in one or more of the following disciplines: Business, Engineering, Math or similarMarsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.