Senior Project Coordinator - Global Sales Support - Marsh - New York
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc - New York, NY
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
As the world's leading insurance broker and risk advisor, Marsh is devoted to finding the opportunity in risk. Companies look to us to help them navigate the daunting global risk landscape, seeing risks others don't and unlocking opportunities others can't. With 25,000 employees and annual revenues approaching $5 billion Marsh serves more clients in more industries worldwide than any firm in our industry. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team.
The successful candidate will exemplify Marsh s IGNITE Operating Principles, the behaviors that guide our conduct and growth - In Touch: Get out in front by being informed and being connected; Genuine: Be authentic with clients and each other; Nimble: Be flexible and move quickly to deliver quality results; Inclusive: Be open to diverse ideas, experiences and backgrounds; Trusted: Stand for integrity and ethical behavior; and Engaged: Actively participate in making Marsh extraordinary.
We are seeking a Senior Project Coordinator in our Global Sales Support department.
- In conjunction with the Director of Global Sales Support, assists in reviewing sales project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plans and staffing for each phase of project; assist in the assignment of project resource alignment.
- Confers with Director of Global Sales Support to outline work plans and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Coordinates with manager the activities to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Prepares status reports on projects for management, clients, or others, and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Confers with Director of Global Sales Support to assist with resolution of problems.
- Collects budget information from department managers and maintain records of expenses to compare with estimated budget.
- Consults with department managers to ensure adjustments are made in accordance with program changes in order to facilitate long-term planning.
- Prepares budget reports for management based on estimated revenue, expense reports, and past budget numbers.
- Prepares comparative analyses of operating programs by analyzing costs in relation to services performed during previous fiscal years and submits reports.
- Assists in the coordination of business processes to include past due follow up, training follow up, salary forms and lists, monthly monitors and broker communications
- Assists in coordination of annual business plan from draft through implementation.
- Assists in coordination of marketing plan; track progress of plans
- Responds to client inquiries via phone and correspondence
- Coordinate projects with database management
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics or related field, MBA or other advanced degree desirable
- 3-5 years of experience of data analysis, project management, sales operations and marketing in Financial Services related industries
- Broad strategic thinker able to pick up and engage on a broad range of business topics
- Experience conducting high quality research (internal and external)
- Strong working knowledge of Excel (data analysis toolkit such as SPSS a plus) and PowerPoint
- Solid grip on strategic and financial fundamentals (e.g. how to conduct market sizing, how to construct a basic financial model)
- Strong ability to influence and work within the organization
- Strong business and financial acumen. Ability to understand the drivers behind a variety of business models. Comfortable using financial data and reading financial statements.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and under pressure. Experience managing demanding deadlines, changing requirements, and working with limited resources or information.