WNET - New York Public Media - New York, NY
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The WNET family of companies is a major producer of broadcast and online media for local, national and international audiences, creating award-winning content in the areas of arts and culture, news and public affairs, science and natural history, documentaries, and children’s programming.
An immediate opportunity is available for an experienced Staff Accountant to join our Accounting team. Reporting to the Deputy Controller, the Staff Accountant will play a critical role in managing and overseeing internal accounting controls. Specific responsibilities include:
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and investigate discrepancies;
• Prepare fixed assets schedule from the general ledger and reconcile to the Asset Management System
• Prepare daily deposit of trade receivable cash receipts and create a batch for posting in the general ledger;
• Reconcile, journalize and file expense reports for reimbursement;
• Prepare monthly account analysis for balance sheet and profit & loss accounts; and understand variances;
• Prepare and enter journal entries into the system accurately.
• Reconcile and journalize corporate credit card charges;
• Assist in printing, check mailing and check upload for positive pay information;
• Act as a liaison in securing employee travel authority between the employee and the Company’s travel agencies;
• Reconcile and prepare journal entries related to travel expenses;
• Timely communication of discrepancies noted in the account analyses and assist in their resolution.
• Prepare periodic billing requests for invoicing.
• Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time as directed.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelors degree in Accounting, and at least three years of experience as a Staff Accountant. Advanced proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint are necessary as well as working knowledge of accounting software programs (Lawson preferred). Additional qualifications include:
• Knowledge of accounting and account analysis; demonstrated analytical skills;
• Familiarity with general ledgers, chart of accounts and project accounting workflow;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines;
• Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Knowledge of accounting software is necessary (Lawson is preferred).
828 Eighth Avenue, 14th Floor
New York, NY 10019
Qualified candidates only; no phone calls please. Candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Resumes from agencies will not be accepted and WNET.ORG is not responsible for fees for unsolicited resumes.
WNET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance