- Job Descriptions
Responsible for Portraying role in production to interpret character or present characterization to audience. Must read scripts, take cues, and rehearse with others when preparing for and acting out a role.
- Interpret serious or comic role by speech, gesture, and body movement to entertain or inform audience for stage, motion picture, television, radio, or other media production.
- Rehearse and memorize lines.
- Entertain, convey characters and express emotions in front of a live audience.
- Take cues from director.
- Use body language and movement to bring out character.
- Interpret the work of a writer under the instruction and support of a director.
- Improvise the reactions of a character to a situation.
- Work in live stage performances of the classics and community theatre, soap operas, radio work and film parts.
- Prepare for and attend numerous auditions.
- Do voice-overs for advertisements or recording 'talking books' for CDs.
- Research for a part by reading material or shadowing a person similar to the character being portrayed.
- Work as a walk-on or extra in television or film.
- Discuss interpretation and delivery with other members of the company and the director.
- Improve performance based on feedback from the director.
- Collaborate with other actors as part of an ensemble.
- Promote productions using means such as interviews about plays or movies.
- Write original or adapted material for dramas, comedies, puppet shows, narration, or other performances.
- Prepare and perform action stunts for motion picture, television, or stage productions.