- Job Descriptions
- Adjustment clerk
Responsible for investigating customers' concerns and complaints about billing, services, or merchandise. Adjusts refunds and invoices accordingly and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Review claim inquiries and investigate origin, including examine defective merchandise, improper billing, or shoddy service.
- Review claims adjustments with dealers.
- Order tests to detect malfunctions in products.
- Assist customers by telephone and inquire about pertinent information, including why product is defective or problems with billing.
- Ensure all information from customer is accurate to resolve issue.
- Investigate customer issues related to bank and credit card accounts, retail and wholesale purchases and insurance policies.
- Evaluate merits of customer's statement.
- Credit customer's account and supply proof of investigation.
- Arrange for product replacement.
- Provide feedback to vendors and supervisors.
- Refer customers to company policies and procedures.
- Adjust company records to reflect credits or refunds.
- Assist in general ledger maintenance.
- Investigate, analyze, and determine the extent of insurance company's liability concerning personal, casualty, or property loss or damages.
- Calculate benefit payments and approve payment of claims within a certain monetary limit.
- Review police reports and medical records.
- Prepare report of findings of investigation.
- Refer questionable claims to supervisors