- Job Descriptions
- Admissions Director
Responsible for managing and directing the admissions process in a healthcare facility, including hospitals, doctors' offices, nursing homes, and other related businesses.
- Manage and supervise admissions staff.
- Manage inquiry process.
- Handle inquiry calls from hospitals, families, etc., and provide appointments that include a presentation, tour and closing.
- Maintain updated bed ability and facility services information.
- Makes sales calls outside the facility to medical, insurance, legal and financial professionals, senior organizations, appropriate special interest groups, hospital discharge planners and other community contacts.
- Compile and distribute admission papers.
- Ensure all papers are properly filled out and input into system.
- Create facility materials such as press releases, brochures, and advertisements.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Federal and state regulations and reimbursement.
- Help expedite admissions process for emergencies.
- Build and maintain relationships with hospital accounts.
- Perform sales and marketing campaigns.
- Maintain knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
- Maintain model rooms for tours.
- Report all inquiries, admissions, and discharges.
- Work with nursing and housekeeping staff to maintain knowledge of number of beds available.
- Inform housekeeping staff of empty rooms and have them cleaned.
- Maintain relationships with legal and financial professionals, senior organizations, assisted living and senior housing facilities, appropriate special interest groups, churches and other community contacts.
- Participate in meetings to alert appropriate staff members of projected admissions, room changes, discharges and appointments/tours.
- Communicate special needs of new admissions to staff to ensure a smooth transition.