Responsible for greeting incoming patients, distributing paperwork, entering in pertinent information, including insurance and demographic, and handling the processing of insurance.
- Handle inquiries and patient intake.
- Maintain updated bed ability and facility services information.
- Ensure all papers are properly filled out and input into system.
- Maintain daily schedules.
- Enter and verify that all patient demographics and billing information correctly entered/verified at time of check in.
- Process encounters daily for and balance to co-payments.
- Collect balances due at time of check in.
- Direct patients to relevant areas of building.
- Answer phones.
- Assign patients to room.
- Obtain signed statements.
- Store patients' valuables.
- Record payments.
- Perform tours.
- Keep admission desk clean and organized.
- Perform insurance data entry.
- Contact nurses and doctors about surgeries and meetings.