Responsible for teaching adults how to read and write using lessons plans, real-life contextual learning experiences, and technology.
- Teach adults how to read and write.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Incorporate specific, measurable, behavioral objectives and timeframes.
- Utilize various instructional methods, including tactile, visual, and aural learning preferences.
- Work with students on an individual basis.
- Incorporate real-world context into classroom settings.
- Promote active classroom participation.
- Provide weekly, quarterly, or yearly academic reports.
- Provide students with suggestions and feedback.
- Implement continuous improvement plan.
- Assist in the recruitment of participants, including participating in community outreach programs.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs
- Utilize public library resources.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Use interactive and participatory methods to empower students.