Responsible for designing and supervising the creative process of an advertising or marketing campaign. Creates and sketches out specific parts of an art piece, makes changes as needed, and participates in TV, commercial, and photography shoots to ensure client's vision is met.
- Supervise the overall visual appearance of an art piece of scene.
- Ensure the piece or campaign is visually striking, stimulates moods, contrasts features, and psychologically appeals to a target audience.
- Make decisions about designs, colors, fonts, and style.
- Translate desired moods, messages, concepts, and underdeveloped ideas into imagery.
- Concept with copywriter to devise slogan, logos, and campaigns.
- Imagine what the finished pieces looks like.
- Resolve conflicting agendas.
- Ensure deadlines are met.
- Resolve inconsistencies between the various individual inputs.
- Design ideas for commercial, mailer, brochure, or other advertisement.
- Devise headlines or other copy.
- Elegantly communicate the marketing message.
- Hand-render comprehensive layouts.
- Perform preliminary work on a computer.
- Supervise other art directors.
- Coordinate with production department.
- Oversee printing process.
- Work on a concept for sections and pages of a publication.
- Collaborate with photo editors and editors to coordinate what images will match up with certain words.
- Create the specific look and feel of an entire magazine.
- Design book covers.
- Manage multiple accounts.
- Review and approve art and copy materials.
- Approve proofs of printed copy.
- Attend photo shoots and printing sessions as needed.