Responsible for prospecting for and securing ad sales for publications, including magazines, trade journals, and newspapers. Pitches benefits of advertising to client, negotiates prices, and explains client needs to copywriter.
- Sell ads for publications.
- Perform cold calling to get the attention of possible clients.
- Read scripts.
- Visit businesses to inquire about advertising sales.
- Sell ad space or time.
- Present different options to client, including images, designs, and font sizes.
- Build relationships with clients.
- Understand the needs of each client.
- Know all advertising options.
- Keep abreast of changes within the publication's demographics.
- Use statistics in sales pitch.
- Perform extensive research on clients and competitors.
- Convey ad changes and discrepancies to copywriter.
- Perform research on trend analysis.
- Generate revenue for print products to include run-of-book print ads and print advertising inserts.
- Focus on growing existing accounts and acquiring new clients.
- Conduct meetings.
- Make sales presentations.
- Sell general or direct response print ads to a weekly or monthly publication.
- Generate and describe creative, results-focused marketing concepts to a diverse client base.
- Sell air time on television and radio programs.
- Handle incoming inquiries to buy ad space.
- Book sales appointments.
- Walk door-to-door and solicit business.
- Present sample ads to the client.