- Job Descriptions
- Aerospace Engineer
Responsible for designing and testing aircraft, missiles, and spacecraft.
- Develop new designs for use in aviation, defense systems, and space exploration.
- Work on designs for commercial aircraft, military fighter jets, helicopters, spacecraft, or missiles and rockets.
- Construct prototypes.
- Test and supervise the manufacture of aircraft, spacecraft, and missiles.
- Specify functional requirements during development phase.
- Integrate components into the final design.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety.
- Test products thoroughly for safety issues and defects.
- Use computers extensively to produce and analyze designs.
- Generate specifications for parts.
- Control the efficiency of processes.
- Supervise production of aerial vehicles.
- Ensure designed systems function reliably and for a long time.
- Operate in design teams to research and develop airframes.
- Analyze aerodynamic properties of wings on jet fighters.
- Use computer engineering programs.
- Design performance upgrades as needed.
- Work with earthbound vehicles, such as deep-diving vessels.
- Supervise drafters and engineering technicians.
- Develop guidance and control systems.