Agricultural Technician Job Description
- Collect crop samples for analysis.
- Record data from experiments.
- Perform research.
- Care for animals within laboratory.
- Take soil samples and check for nutrients.
- Check pH of soil.
- Clean, maintain, and supervise the use of testing equipment.
- Prepare culture media.
- Prepare data summaries, reports, and analyses that include results, charts, and graphs in order to document research findings and results.
- Operate spectrometers, nitrogen determination apparatus, air samplers, centrifuges, and pH meters.
- Store samples so nothing gets contaminated.
- Care for livestock by providing food, water, and baths.
- Plant seeds.
- Count resulting plants to determine percentage of seeds germinated.
- Oversee pest or weed control initiatives.
- Check plants for disease.
- Identify pests or fungus plaguing plants.
- Propagate standard varieties of plant materials.
- Collect and germinate seeds.
- Conduct insect surveys.
- Apply chemicals using proven methods.
- Train operators.
- Maintain cuttings of plants.
- Control environmental conditions.
- Till, hoe, prune, weed, and harvest crops.
- Clean, maintain, and repair tools.
- Operate tractors, plows, combines, mowers, spayers, earthmoving equipment, and trucks.
Companies with Similar Jobs
PRINCIPAL AGRICULTURAL TECHNICIAN JOB NUMBER FULL/PART TIME SCHEDULE SALARY 201606027781 Full Time Other $41,364 - $57,900 POSITION INFORMAT...
An 80% or full-time Financial Services Support Technician (primarily crop insurance). This position may have potential to transition into an Insurance Specialist role in the future...
Kincaid Equipment Manufacturing in Haven, KS is seeking a Service Technician. The position will require 50% travel during the months of March - June and August -November. You wil...