Aircraft Cargo Handler Job Description
- Transfer cargo onto airplanes.
- Direct ground crew in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo, compute aircraft center of gravity, and sign the load plan or manifest.
- Load and unload aircraft, perform preflight and post flight aircraft checks, and compute weight and balance
- Ensure the safety and comfort of passengers, secure cargo during flight, and airdrop cargo and personnel.
- Calculate load weights for different aircraft compartments, using charts and computers.
- Confer with customers, supervisors, contractors, and other staff to exchange information and to resolve problems.
- Ensure all governmental regulations, company procedures, and safety and security requirements are followed.
- Calculate the aircraft's center of gravity and assess the quantity of cargo.
- Operate a variety of equipment, including trucks, forklifts, conveyors and baggage tugs.
- Accompany aircraft as a member of the flight crew to monitor and handle cargo in flight.
- Assist and brief passengers on safety and emergency procedures.
Position: Load Planner Base Pay: Employee Type: Full-Time Leads Others: Required Education: High School Diploma/GED Required Experience: Ground Handling T...
Position: Air Cargo Handler - Part-Time Base Pay: $10.55 to $17.00/Hr. Employee Type: Part-Time Leads Others: No Required Education: High School Diploma/GED Req...
Position: Air Cargo Handler Base Pay: $12.00 to $14.00/Hr. Employee Type: Full-Time Leads Others: No Required Education: High School Diploma/GED Required Experi...