- Job Descriptions
- Airfield Operations Specialist
Responsible for directing commercial and military aircraft on the runway to ensure their safe departures and arrivals. Coordinate with air traffic personnel, monitor flight records, and monitors weather conditions.
- Ensure safe takeoff and landing of aircraft.
- Coordinate dispatching.
- Utilize airfield landing and navigational aids.
- Implement airfield safety procedures.
- Monitor and maintain flight records.
- Ensure a safe operating environment for personnel and aircraft operation.
- Coordinate with agencies such as air traffic control, civil engineers, and command posts.
- Coordinate communications between air traffic control and maintenance personnel.
- Monitor and coordinate aviation safety, security, airport access, facility management, noise abatement, environmental issues, and public relations activities in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Use computers, calculators, weather charts, and communications equipment such as telephones and radios.
- Conducts daily inspections to identify hazards to safe aircraft operations and maintenance.
- Complete daily inspections of all airport safety and operational areas and equipment including runway and taxiways, airfield lighting, parking aprons, hangars, fuel storage areas, and perimeter fences and gates for hazardous conditions related to aviation operations.
- Monitor and enforce flight, fire and life safety regulations/procedures including flight line vehicle operations and foreign object debris control.