Amusement Park Ride Attendant Job Description
Responsible for supervising, monitoring, repairing, and attending to park rides, including boarding and securing passengers, starting rides, and ensuring passengers exit safely.
- Collect tickets or money for rides.
- Ensure appropriate number of people can get on rides.
- Ensure children are the appropriate height and age for rides.
- Latch passengers in securely.
- Board passengers onto ride.
- Explain safety procedures to riders.
- Point out evacuation routes.
- Operate equipment that starts and shuts down ride.
- Entice patrons by describing the actions of the ride.
- Ensure passengers are secured safely.
- Pull down safety bars, buckle seat belts, or secure harnesses.
- Inspect equipment to detect wear and tear.
- Perform minor and major repairs.
- Oil and lubricate parts as needed.
- Stop vehicle and de-board passengers in case of emergencies.
- Provide assistance to patrons entering and exiting ride.
- Shut down ride if major repairs are needed.
- Space rides operated in cars or sections to avoid danger of collisions.
- Clean up debris around ride.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Operate music during ride.
- Keep an eye on patrons and their movements to ensure they are not in any danger.
- Remove disorderly, obnoxious, or sick people from rides.
- Install and breakdown rides.
- Enforce all safety regulations and stay current with safety rules and procedures.