Animal Scientist Job Description
- Conduct research on domestic farm animals.
- Identify diseases and causes for concern.
- Recommend vaccinations.
- Research animal genetics and nutrition reproduction.
- Develop efficient ways to produce and process meat, poultry, eggs, and milk.
- Advise farmers on matters such as how to upgrade housing for animals, lower animal death rates, handle waste matter, and increase production.
- Crossbreed animals to get new combinations of desirable characteristics.
- Consult with agricultural producers on how to provide healthy and safe housing for their animals.
- Research parasite and disease control.
- Dispose of waste matter properly.
- Increase the production of animal products
- Select animals for breeding.
- Investigate and analyze different management practices.
- Devise more efficient feeding techniques.
- Research environmental conditions to determine their effect on the quality and quantity of animal products.
- Investigate best feeding and breeding techniques for use at dairy farms, feedlots, farrowing houses, or livestock ranches.
- Study nutritional requirements of animals and nutritive values of animal feed materials.
- Make tests on how to improve the immune system of the livestock.
- Work directly with different farmers and businesses related to livestock industry.
The Trainer, Animal Use is responsible for providing hands on and didactic training in a variety of venues to Company and non-company people at all levels, from animal care technic...
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicine...
The Cardiac Arrhythmia Service at Massachusetts General Hospital is seeking a staff scientist to oversee the activities of a cardiac electrophysiology experimental animal research ...