Animal Scientist Job Description
- Conduct research on domestic farm animals.
- Identify diseases and causes for concern.
- Recommend vaccinations.
- Research animal genetics and nutrition reproduction.
- Develop efficient ways to produce and process meat, poultry, eggs, and milk.
- Advise farmers on matters such as how to upgrade housing for animals, lower animal death rates, handle waste matter, and increase production.
- Crossbreed animals to get new combinations of desirable characteristics.
- Consult with agricultural producers on how to provide healthy and safe housing for their animals.
- Research parasite and disease control.
- Dispose of waste matter properly.
- Increase the production of animal products
- Select animals for breeding.
- Investigate and analyze different management practices.
- Devise more efficient feeding techniques.
- Research environmental conditions to determine their effect on the quality and quantity of animal products.
- Investigate best feeding and breeding techniques for use at dairy farms, feedlots, farrowing houses, or livestock ranches.
- Study nutritional requirements of animals and nutritive values of animal feed materials.
- Make tests on how to improve the immune system of the livestock.
- Work directly with different farmers and businesses related to livestock industry.
The Trainer, Animal Use is responsible for providing hands on and didactic training in a variety of venues to Company and non-company people at all levels, from animal care technic...
In this role, the selected candidate will maintain relationships with outside search vendors; assist in supporting the development of marketing and educational pieces for employees...
Research Specialist/MicroCT Imaging Scientist: The David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT (KI) seeks to fill a new full time Research Specialist position in...