Animal Trainer Job Description
- Train animals such as elephants, lions, dolphins, dogs, cats, monkeys, or other wild or domesticated animals for various activities such as performances or to assist the disabled.
- Train horses to perform at competitions.
- Condition animals to respond to commands or gestures.
- Reinforce good behavior with treats or praise.
- Repeat training for several months until goals have been achieved.
- Ensure animal gets proper physical exercise, a nutritious diet, and adequate shelter.
- Provide mental stimulation for animal.
- Ensure animal receives proper medical care.
- Train animals to participate in educational programs at zoos.
- Familiarize animals with the sound and touch of humans.
- Train animals to perform tricks.
- Train animals to perform for movies or theater productions.
- Prep animals for circus routines.
- Evaluate new animals to determine training aptitude.
- Signal animal during performance.
- Reward animal during and after performance.
- Ensure safety of animal is a top priority at all times.
- Feed animal nutritious meals according to a proper diet.
- Observe animals for injury or illness.
- Administer medication as needed and dress or treat injuries.
- Train dogs to work with law enforcement and track down drugs and fleeing suspects.
The Trainer, Animal Use is responsible for providing hands on and didactic training in a variety of venues to Company and non-company people at all levels, from animal care technic...
Tracking Code 2920-120 Job Description SCOPE: The Veterinarian is a member of a field veterinarian and veterinarian technician team responsible for the overall canine ...
Tracking Code 2923-120 Job Description SCOPE: The Veterinarian Technician is a member of a field veterinarian and veterinarian technician team responsible for the overa...