Responsible for answering the phone, greeting callers, establishing reason for calling, and resolving issue by contacting appropriate person that can help the customer.
- Act as human answering service outside or during business hours for a variety of businesses, including doctor's offices, hospitals, and insurance companies.
- Greet customers warmly and ask how to help.
- Transfer calls.
- Relay verbal messages.
- Record and deliver messages.
- Call the appropriate person requested by caller.
- Page individuals and inform them of message.
- Refer caller to emergency numbers if necessary.
- Date stamp time of call and record in computer system.
- File messages.
- Operate cord or cordless switchboard.
- Operate intercom, two-way radio, or public address.
- Arrange conference call.
- Schedule or cancel appointments.
- Answer caller's questions.
- Accept orders.
- Monitor alarm systems.
- Proofread messages and sort mail.
- Perform other clerical duties as necessary.