Answering Service Operator Job Description
- Act as human answering service outside or during business hours for a variety of businesses, including doctor's offices, hospitals, and insurance companies.
- Greet customers warmly and ask how to help.
- Transfer calls.
- Relay verbal messages.
- Record and deliver messages.
- Call the appropriate person requested by caller.
- Page individuals and inform them of message.
- Refer caller to emergency numbers if necessary.
- Date stamp time of call and record in computer system.
- File messages.
- Operate cord or cordless switchboard.
- Operate intercom, two-way radio, or public address.
- Arrange conference call.
- Schedule or cancel appointments.
- Answer caller's questions.
- Accept orders.
- Monitor alarm systems.
- Proofread messages and sort mail.
- Perform other clerical duties as necessary.
Companies with Similar Jobs
Answers and directs all hospital and physician answering service calls. Initiates emergency codes, messages and incoming calls in accordance with Hospital guidelines. Provides serv...
Position Summary: Description/Purpose Of Position: Responsible for the day to day operation of the Valley Health System Help Desk. Answers support calls, logs calls, documents prob...
. At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. This indi...