Responsible for acting as a middleman to resolve disputes and help parties come to a resolution. Helps parties settle disputes out of court.
- Assist with mediating disputes out of court.
- Set up appointments for mediation.
- Conduct first meetings with parties to outline arbitration process.
- Determine fees and fee schedule.
- Facilitate open communication between parties.
- Obtain disputes from the opposing parties.
- Interview parties to clarify issues and develop a more clear understanding of dispute.
- Weigh both sides to come to a final and nonbonding decision.
- Hear arguments for both sides.
- Offer suggestions or legal advice to resolve disputes.
- Draw terms of a settlement that are either binding or non-binding.
- Keep all material and proceedings confidential.
- Guide parties to a settlement.
- Prepare documents for parties to sign.
- Preside over executive minitrials, early neutral evaluations, and summary jury trials.
- Identify the main issues and explore the possibility of settlement.
- Assist the parties by indicating procedural recommendations.
- Explain terms of non-binding or binding verdicts.
- Analyze evidence and apply relevant laws, regulations, and policies.