Architect Job Description
- Design blueprints for various structures, including houses, offices, hospitals, skyscrapers, churches, and municipal buildings.
- Confer with client to develop visions into designs.
- Estimates budgets and time frame.
- Provide various predesign services, including conducting feasibility and environmental impact studies, selecting a site, preparing cost analysis and land-use studies, or specifying the requirements the design must meet.
- Determine space requirements.
- Research potential building users.
- Prepare and present drawings for approval.
- Develop final construction plans.
- Develop air-conditioning, heating, and ventilating systems, electrical systems, communications systems, plumbing; and, possibly, site and landscape plans.
- Specify building materials needed.
- Follow building codes, zoning laws, and fire regulations when creating design.
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) when creating drawings.
- Obtain construction bids and select contractors.
- Negotiate contracts.
- Visit building sites often.
- Perform testing during each phase.
- Advise on energy efficiency measures.
- Evaluate building designs to determine if it fits the needs of occupants.
Architect:We are looking for an Architect to join our team. This Architect will be working with the Structural group on industrial projects. This Architect will be responsible for ...
Cloud Computing enables customers to take a key step toward better business agility, economics, and user experience and ultimately presents an opportunity to redefine the role IT p...