- Job Descriptions
- Architectural Drafter
Responsible for preparing technical drawings to be used in construction plans for various industries.
- Create visual guidelines for construction purposes.
- Draft technical details.
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures.
- Draw in minute details of structures.
- Design the parts of a machine.
- Determine the numbers and kinds of fasteners needed to assemble the machine.
- Consult technical handbooks and tables while in drafting phase.
- Use Computer Aided Design and Drafting systems to prepare drawings.
- Create and store drawings electronically.
- Program drawings into automated manufacturing systems.
- Prepare variations of design.
- Explain concepts to construction workers.
- Prepare engineering drawings that detail plans and specifications.
- Develop wiring and layout diagrams used by workers who erect, install, and repair electrical equipment and wiring.
- Prepare drawings and topographical relief maps to be used in highways, bridges, pipelines, flood-control projects, and water and sewage systems.
- Create designs used in the layout, construction, and operation of oil and gas fields, refineries, chemical plants, and process piping systems.
- Prepare drawings showing the detail and method of assembly of machinery and mechanical devices.