Archivists Job Description
- Select documents and books for public display.
- Archive or store documents according to its category, including as accession lists, indexes, guides, bibliographies, abstracts, and microfilmed copies of documents.
- Oversee the arrangement, cataloguing, and exhibition of collections.
- Maintain collections with technicians and conservators.
- Acquire important documents from universities and museums for display.
- Preserve documents appropriately.
- Prepare items for permanent storage and display.
- Describe, catalogue, and analyze valuable objects.
- Perform research on objects or items.
- Coordinate education or public outreach programs.
- Advertise display of item or artifact.
- Coordinate tours, workshops, lectures, or classes.
- Work with the boards of institutions to administer plans and policies.
- Handle records and documents retained because of their importance.
- Handle objects with cultural, biological, or historical significance.
- Collect, organize, and maintain wide range of information for safekeeping.
- Maintain photographs, films, video and sound recordings, and electronic data.
- Preserve paper records, letters, and documents.
- Maintain records to ensure the long-term preservation and easy retrieval of documents and information.
- Utilize various storage mediums including film, videotape, audiotape, computer disk, or DVD.
- Utilize computers to generate and maintain archival records.
UNIVERSITY ARCHIVIST Job #JPF00830 * Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor - Library RECRUITMENT PERIOD Open date: September 12th, 2016 Next review date: Octob...
History Associates is currently recruiting qualified individuals with experience in analog and digital archival arrangement and description. In anticipation of an exciting opportu...
We are seeking a GLP Records Manager/Archivist for USAMRIID in Frederick, MD! ClinicalRM is a full service Contract Research Organization (CRO) specializing in preclinical throu...