Area, Ethnic, & Cultural Studies Teacher Job Description
- Teach courses or seminars about cultures and ethnicities.
- Prepare coursework and lesson plans.
- Conduct extensive research.
- Travel to be immersed in culture.
- Publish findings in trade journals, magazines, or books.
- Deliver lectures and exams pertaining to topics such as gender studies, race and ethnic relations, and cross-cultural perspectives.
- Develop curriculum plans.
- Create syllabuses and specify course materials.
- Maintain attendance records.
- Read current literature surrounding different cultures and ethnicities.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Travel with students to parts of the world described in studies.
- Instruct students about language barriers, gender identity, male and female roles, customs, traditions, food, dress, and religious preference within a specific culture or ethnicity.
- Advise students on becoming a similar teacher or how to intensify studies.
- Recruit students to join the class.
- Hold seminars and lectures at local organizations.
- Keep records of grades, grade papers, and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Write grant proposals to gain funding for further research.
BLACK STUDIES LIBRARIAN Job #JPF00796 * Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor - Library RECRUITMENT PERIOD Open date: August 15th, 2016 Last review date: Septe...
Position Overview The CREES Program Specialist develops area-related programs and events of general public interest, as well as the connections with the education, business, gove...
Position Overview Applied English Center Language Specialists are appointed as Unclassified Academic Staff. Academic staff supports the mission of the University through schola...